St. John's Evangelical Lutheran Church

301 W Main ST
Walhalla, SC 29691


Organized in 1853 by German immigrants who founded the town of Walhalla in 1850. The original building, begun in 1859, still stands today. Many Confederate soldiers and one Union soldier are buried in the ancient cemetery.

Contact Information

Large Map View | What's Nearby

301 W Main ST
Walhalla, SC 29691

Phone: 864-638-6363


  • Civil War
  • Hours Year-round : Call for an appointment to tour the church.
  • Listed on National Register