John Wesley United Methodist Church

101 E Court ST
Greenville, SC 29601

Description

Organized in 1866 by the Rev. James R. Rosewood, a former slave, the church was one of the first separate African-American congregations established in South Carolina after the Civil War. Built between 1899 and 1903, the church is a two-story brick in a vernacular version of the Gothic Revival style.

Listed in the National Register of Historic Places.

Contact Information

Large Map View | What's Nearby

101 E Court ST
Greenville, SC 29601

Phone: 864-232-6903