The church was named "Fairview" in honor of the old gray stone church in Antrim County, Ireland. Its founders came to America in 1773. Fairview was established by this group in 1786 and services were held originally on this site in a log structure constructed by its members. It is the oldest Presbyterian Church in Greenville County. The present building is the fourth on the site and was completed in 1858. Its square columns contain bricks from the earlier structure.
The rock walled cemetery is the final resting place for several Revolutionary War and 46 Confederate soldiers. The oldest grave dates from 1797.
Listed in the National Register of Historic Places.