Trinity United Methodist Church

185 Boulevard NE
Orangeburg, SC 29115

Description

Founded in January 1866 as Trinity Methodist Episcopal Church, the present structure on Boulevard was begun in 1928 and completed in 1944. The church served as headquarters for the Orangeburg Movement during the 1960s, hosting civil rights meetings and rallies attended by such prominent leaders as Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr., Roy Wilkins and Thurgood Marshall. Listed as a National Historic Landmark.

Contact Information

Large Map View | What's Nearby

185 Boulevard NE
Orangeburg, SC 29115