Trinity Episcopal Church Of Edisto

1589 Highway 174
Edisto Island, SC 29438

Description

Founded in 1774, the present church, consecrated in 1881, stands on the sight of the old sanctuary. The church was occupied by federal troops during the Civil War, destroyed by fire in 1876 and damaged by the hurricane of 1893. The sanctuary was rebuilt and features beautiful interior work done by a former slave. The old bead-board and blown glass windows have been lovingly preserved.

Contact Information

Large Map View | What's Nearby

1589 Highway 174
Edisto Island, SC 29438

Phone: 843-869-3568
Fax: 843-869-1253
Website
 

Details

  • Civil War
  • Listed on National Register