Founded by Caledonian immigrants in 1731. The first congregation was made up of 12 Scottish families who left the Independent Church of Charles Towne in 1731. The present church, built in 1813, features the Scottish Seal etched in stained-glass over the main entrance. The bells were given to the Confederacy in 1863. One bell was replaced in the North Tower in 1999.