The first synagogue was a wooden structure, built on the site of the present building. It was replaced by a brick building, dedicated in the spring of 1913. A substantial remodeling of the sanctuary was celebrated in a rededication service in 1969. The sanctuary features eleven stained glass windows that depict Biblical scenes, with each picture accompanied by a quotation from its respective book of the Hebrew Scriptures. The design of the windows is late Victorian, with interweaving patterns at the side borders. Their large circular top gives them a Mid-Eastern look. The glass is handmade, with thick rolling folds used to create deep colors and a dimensional effect.