The Bedon-Lucas House is one of the key historic properties of the Walterboro Historic District. Built c. 1820, this is one of Walterboro's five remaining "high houses," so named for the structure's high height off the ground. The interior has been preserved and features original heart of pine floors and a fine display of antique furnishings. The piazza is distinguished by six large tapered columns which were later additions.
In front of the Bedon-Lucas House is the Little Library and city park. The Little Library was the first library in Colleton County and when the town was formed, it was incorporated 3/4 of a mile in every direction from the Little Library.