Located on North Island near the entrance to Winyah Bay, the original tower is one of two built in the late 1790s. Destroyed by a hurricane in 1806, it was rebuilt in 1812 of white-washed brick. The current tower is 85 feet high with 124 steps leading to the tower. To arrange a boat tour to North Island, call 800-705-9063 or 843-477-0287. Visitors aren't allowed inside the tower.Only accessible by boat!