Washington Willliams built this house around 1818 as a wedding gift to his daughter, Nancy, upon her marriage to James Watts Jr. The Todd family owned the home from 1845-1938. James Dunklin, an antiques collector and historic preservationist, acquired the house in 1950. Dunklin donated the house to the Laurens County Landmarks Foundation, which has operated it as a museum since Dunklin's death in 1973. The house is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.