Chesterfield CountyCheraw

"The Prettiest Town In Dixie," is located in the northeast section of South Carolina on the banks of the Great Pee Dee River. Named for the Cheraw Indianswhose main town was nearby, Cheraw began as a small trading post. In 1766, the Town Green became the nucleus of a 213 acre district which is now listed on the National Register of Historic Places. It is rich in gardens, parks and the architectural legacy of more than 200 years.