Spartanburg’s inaugural Paddle Fest to feature tours, races and classes
Posted 7/22/2012 11:27:00 AM
Another great outdoor event is coming to Chesnee’s Lake Blalock
this month. The inaugural Paddle Fest
, a free kayak and canoe extravaganza, takes place from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. July 28 at Lake Blalock Park.
Hosted by Spartanburg Water
, the event will feature guided tours, kayak and canoe races, beginner paddle classes and kayak demos.
Formed by the North and South Pacolet rivers, Lake Blalock encompasses 1,105 acres with approximately 45 miles of shoreline. The upstate
park features picnic pavilions, a dock for fishing and a boat ramp.
The roster of planned activities offers plenty of fun water time for newbies and experienced kayakers alike. Scheduled events include:
* Sunrise educational paddle tour — 8:30 to 11:30 a.m.
* Beginner kayak class — 10 to 11 a.m.
* Beginner canoe class — 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
* Men’s kayak race — 1 to 1:30 p.m.
* Women’s kayak race — 1 to 1:30 p.m.
* Two-person team Canoe Race — 1:30 to 2 p.m.
* Kid’s kayak race (ages 10-16) — 2 to 2:30 p.m.
* Kayak fishing tournament — 4 to 11 p.m.
Want to learn more about Paddle Fest? Call John Moore at (864) 592-2240 or click here