If your summer plans include a stay in Myrtle Beach
and your family enjoys golf as individuals or as a group, then the Summer Family Golf
one-day tournament series, presented by Myrtle Beach Golf Holiday
, is right up your alley. And for kids, the price is right: free.
Now in its 25th season, the series, with a two-person, Captains Choice format using the Callaway Handicapping System, runs through Aug. 9. Each tournament features three divisions – open, couples and adult/youth – and if you don’t have kids, that’s fine: singles will be paired with a partner.
Each youngster (16-and-under) plays free with a paying adult, and there is no minimum age limit. Fees include golf carts and the chance to win tournament prizes, as well as long drive and closest-to-the-pin contests each week.
Six events remain on the schedule, with entry fees ranging from $40-$60. Tournament dates, sites, times (shotgun start) and fees:
* July 19, Leopard’s Chase, 8:30 a.m., $60
* July 25, Black Bear, 8:30 a.m., $40
* July 26, Crown Park, 8:30 a.m., $40
* Aug. 1, Hackler Course (Coastal Carolina), 8:30 a.m., $40
* Aug. 8, Burning Ridge, 8:30 a.m., $40
* Aug. 9, Barefoot Resort Norman Course, 11 a.m., $60
For information or to register, go to www.summerfamilygolf.com
or call (800) 833-8798.