I’ve been writing a lot about sipping and shopping, haven’t I? Well, for holiday shopping adults, I don’t think there is anything wrong with the two going hand in hand. We are celebrating the season, aren’t we?
If you are in Columbia
this weekend, here comes another opportunity to sip on some wine while purchasing creative and artsy gifts for your loved ones. The Art Vandelay Shop and Sip Tour
will take place during the 5th Annual Five Points Festivus
on Saturday, Dec. 1, from 4 to 8 p.m. (and afterwards you can hop over to Garibaldi’s
for a plate of lasagna while you continue to celebrate). Patrons will be able to stroll through more than 20 stores in this unique retail community that will be featuring local artists, a free sample of Van Gogh Vodka specialty cocktails, and delicious seasonal desserts.
Creative gifting opportunities include:
* Interactive art. Create a unique painted ornament with the Mad Platter
at the Inn at Claussen’s
Cityscapes, wine sacs and paintings by Alicia Leeke
* Paintings by renowned visual artist Thomas Crouch
at Bluetile Skateshop.
designer Emily Bargeron’s Savannah-based clothing and jewelry at Bohemian
* Hot chocolate bar at Bones, Rugs & Harmony
, a brand-new home consignment store.
* White wine and perusing at Finleaf Gallery
* Sculptures and graphic designs by Andrew Brush
at Good for the Sole.
* Graphite and prismacolor paintings by Michael Dixon
at Immaculate Piercing
* Don McCallister will sign copies of his new book, Fellow Traveler, at Loose Lucy’s
* Every Beatles vinyl re-issue is in stock in limited supply at Papa Jazz
* Hand-Crafted fused glass jewelry, accessories and mosaics by Toni Chirico
and jewelry and crafted clocks by Alexander B. Hibbs at Portfolio Art Gallery.
* Textiles by Grace Barns at Pupcakes Pet Boutique
* Special showing of watercolors available for purchase from the artists of Indigo Rose Tattoo.
* Distressed wood, wall hangings, and prints by American folk artist Michael Bise at Tic Toc Candy Shoppe
And much, much more! Holiday shopping should be a celebration. We have much to be thankful for this year. Go down to Five Points this weekend and have some fun with it!